WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT
A way that makes innovation and disruption so much easier. This is for the StartUp CEO’s, Founders and Innovators who are making something new and surprising. It’s for you to understand what’s really going on, what to expect a long the way and most importantly – how to lead it all.
Genius Circles is for you as a leader, to find your way and create a Fractal World. To become a catagory owner and become a business rebel. Only a few earn that title. The ones who become members of the club of successful startups and innovators.
Most likely, you’re in the thick of things and you’re looking for “how to know”. How do you know you have the right team and partners? The right idea? The right development process? The right business model? And so many other questions. That’s what you’re going to find out here.
My warning of caution is no matter where you look or how hard you search, nothing will look or sound applicable to exactly what you are doing. The reason is simple. It’s all designed as general checklists and how to’s. But none of it relates to where you are going – the substance of it.
Work with me here. Let’s pretend you are going into white charted territory. Between you and it, there is a mountain you must climb over, implying you can’t see what’s on the other side. All you are told is when you get there, look for the oak with golden leaves. There, you’ll find a HUGE treasure. Then you are given structures. First, describe needs, then ideate, then concept develop – oh and do remember to make a MVP and don’t forget to make a Scrum process every morning. It’s all great and it is 100% certain part of the arsenal for your journey.
But it’ll never tell you where you are – because no one has been there before. You are going somewhere new. And as that happens, you are creating a new Fractal Reality complete with a new language, culture, values, identity, behaviours and required skills. A new customer experience and with a next-level business model – all part of the package deal.
Now, Fractal Realities sounds very big and other-worldly and foreign. And that is exactly right. Off hand, not how you’d think of our hero innovators or disruptors, is it?
A film maker who takes a book about hobbits, wizards plus a ring and turns it into a $2.91 billion block-buster and wins 11 Oscars. A Californian hippy who likes apples, launches a high-end priced combo of a virtual music store with a multi touchscreen phone. Two dudes on in the middle of a street in pouring rain, looking for a cab, wishing for a service that allowed them to call anybody to drive them where they wanted to go. An architect who places a ski slope on a power-plant. A Mayor who crowd-sources a city center town-plan from 40.000 citizens. What if you didn’t have to stay at a hotel but could stay at anybody’s house? Someone who wants a fresh start to airplane travel and calls it VIRGIN. A guy who wants to colonize Mars and in the process launches an electric car that performs like a fighter jet.
It’s interesting, isn’t it? We’re inspired by the great innovators and would like to understand better how to do what they did the way they did it. We start looking for formulas, the “right” steps, do’s and don’ts. But we can’t know what they actually did.
My mission is to help you create your own Fractal World. To show you have exactly what it takes – the correct edge and the right strength to do it. To create a succesful Startup, Innovation or Disruption. The way you can do it.
Did they think of it that way when they first sat out? Well, they’re certainly connected to the Fractal World they set out to create – the value you’ll then get to access:
- Steve jobs: “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
- Elon Musk: “It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX… It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway”.
- Richard Branson: “if you’ve got an idea that’s gonna make a big difference to other people’s lives, then just get on and do it.”
- Larry Page: “I think it is often easier to make progress on mega-ambitious dreams”
- Jeff Bezos: “Amazon.com strives to be the e-commerce destination where consumers can find and discover anything they want to buy online.”
They are referring to the Fractal Worlds they wanted to create and how those Fractal Worlds work.
The questions you should be asking yourself is – what’s a Fractal World and how do I create mine? That’s what this site is about. You can join Genius Circles where you’ll be shown how your innovation or disruption is a fractal world and how to create it.
It all starts with a Genius Story. From here you craft you storytelling products, you build the world you want your customers to enter and you hand them a key to get in.
You’ll recieve monthly packages with seperate tools, tips and tricks built as mini courses. Weekly inspirations with podcasts, interviews articles with stories, insights and perspectives. The first packages take you through your Genius Story all the way to making your SWITCH, using a mixture of Fractal Worlds, Mindsets and Storytelling. You can stop at any time you like.
But this is not for you if:
- you want a nice detailed and concrete structure for you to follow
- a safe and secure way to make millions
- you intend to delegate total responsibility for innovation/disruption to someone else
- are not business responsible
- are not sure what the difference between structure and content is
- have no patience for long reads and btw there should only be short reads
- you’re looking for the accelerated approach
- not ready to hoist the flag and be a rebel
This is for you if any of the following makes sense:
- You feel like a start-up leader with a passion for something but not sure where to start or how to go about it
- You and are doing something new and different that has some business traction but want to take it to a whole other level.
- You’ve been doing business for years and recognize that segmenting, marketing research and asking customers what they want does not lead to innovation and disruption
- You’ve read about how a former CEO of IBM predicted a market of 1 for the personal computer or how the former CEO of Nokia “did everything right and yet we failed” and think “they missed the future”.
- You’re a CEO and don’t want to make that “mistake” but how the heck do you “choose the future”?
- You see stage gate models for innovation or “three steps to innovate anything”. Perhaps you’re inspired a bit but you’d never follow them
- You’re inspired by people from all walks of life you define a quest and somehow manage to create something astonishing
- You’re wondering how the great innovators possibly could foresee success
- You’re wondering about how you too could lead innovation or disruption
Follow me as I tell about Fractal Worlds in a mission to inspire you and provide the opportunity for you to create your own.
I’ve lead and been a part of many innovation projects, ranging from corporate settings aiming for minimum $250 million markets to startups to nationwide crowd-sourcing projects. I’m a founding partner of Innovation Embassy, which is setting Innovation Embassy’s up for business ecosystems using the principles shown on this site.
More than that, I am an Astrophysicist from UCL. I can help you think different about innovation and disruption. In fact, it takes thinking different to innovate and disrupt. It takes following a strange compass.
As an astrophysicist, I know about self organizing systems and I’ve used that to show how innovation follows the simple rules of self-organizing systems. For you as a leader, the advantage is an easy and powerful way to understand innovation and disruption called Simple Systems. There are basic, expert and master levels and some of you will enjoy the advanced setups. Your takeaway will be to find your own edge and strength to innovation and disruption.
The truth is…
innovating or disrupting is like being on a train where the tracks are being laid as fast as the train is steaming ahead. You’re taken over hills, into dark tunnels and around in circles on a ride where it takes very little to derail the train all together. It’s controlled chaos.
To go where you want to go, you’ll need to know your quest and follow a storyline. You need to find your inspiration and meet some of the people who are doing it.
How can I help?
Defining a Fractal Worlds is no small thing. Once you’ve done it, you’ll forever more be the one who did XYZ. Fractal Worlds builders become case stories, the ones authors reference, the ones who are invited to inspire others and the ones who redefine business. It is absolutely the best way to become a global business leader and thought leader. Therefore, you need something special. Here’s what I have in mind.
- Weekly podcasts & videos: It could be an interview or a rant – something to inspire and help you succeed. I’ll be covering many topics for instance mindsets, innovation capitals, tips’n tricks, business and creations.
- The Members’ Club: an online community where you can meet leaders like you. There’s a careful screening of not just who gets in but what goes on. Find out more here.
- Masterclasses: we host live, online masterclasses, which cover topics such as, how to get started, defining your quest, how to create a plan for innovation or disruption, how to test, how to run open innovation or hackathons and much much more. Join up to our mailing list to be notified of upcoming masterclasses.
- Contribute: you know something about business, design, technology or other professions where you’re slant can be of help to others. Right now, I’m working on a book called Rebel Business Models and you can help! You’ll also be able to make requests or suggest other materials for everyone to contribute to. View it here
- Facebook page: The rebel business Facebook page is where I post impressions and have activities to for the rebel business community. Visit the page here.
- Blog: I publish blogs that take a topic and show it real life. Content can also be anything I think will help you to be a business rebel. Things to try and more. Read the latest here.
- Readers Realms: readers can submit inspiring stories about realms and their realm business approach. Read submission rules here.
Sign up here to join Genius Circles
Take this WHY? Quiz for us to help you better